segunda-feira, 29 de junho de 2009

Nice Little Town Called Everwood


A while ago - a.k.a. 2002 - there began a series on TV called "Everwood". It all started when Dr. Andrew Brown's (Treat Williams) life changed forever, with his wife's car crash. Hence he took his children Ephram (Gregory Smith) and Delia (Vivien Cardone) and moved to a nice quaint town called Everwood in the middle of nowhere Colorado.

I had never given much thought, but I see now how this series manages to show the best ways to handle stressful and sometimes unfair events. Whether it's Colin Hart's (Mike Erwin) coma or Amy Abbott's (Emily VanCamp) depression, it talks about many subjects, which we would rather not have to deal with. With humorous dialogues between the doctors and a love which develops throughout the series, we kind of wish for a life resembling theirs - not always simple, but at least hopeful.

Every aspect leads to reflection. I have truly lost count of how many times I have cried watching it. I have already lost people, been through depression, liked someone - who didn't like me back - and tasted the undying bitterness of failure. I relate to it - I am Jewish, but unorthodox like the Brown family and I've played the piano my whole life, although much more poorly than Ephram...

Nevertheless everyone can put themselves in the characters' shoes. Who hasn't felt left out on a first day at a new school? Or feel in love with someone in an impossible situation? Or found truly unexpected friends? And especially who doesn't constantly fight their parents? The series manages to teach the best way to act in such an occasion or simply remind you that you are not the only one there.

A personal favorite - I hereby proclaim my everlasting admiration for "Everwood".

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário