sábado, 26 de junho de 2010

Moonlit sky

Forget about threading softly, you've already smashed my dreams anyway.
For now I am here... caged
Can't free my wings and fly away
Can't go where I truly belong
Empty
Void
Desperate
Lonely

Can one feel completely alone in the middle of a crowd?
Even a crowd of friends...
People who you love and who love you...
and yet
they can't see
the wet tears which grew before you wiped it away
the deepness of your eyes looking away
the coldness of your arms in need of a hug
the fake curve of your smile
Smile like you mean it
Yes
and go through life without letting people see you
Build a wall around the darkest corners of your heart
People don't care anyway
They may pretend to
but they honestly don't
they usually can't be bothered
and when they can, they have their reasons
this is today's society, with all its selfishness

Oh, how my mind wanders off sitting in a pier looking at the full moon
Oh, how my heart aches with dreams that so far don't come true
Oh...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário