quarta-feira, 11 de agosto de 2010

Fantasy

Ever since I was awfully little, I learned a very important subject: Fantasy.

I heard and read lots and lots and lots of stories.

Over and over again.

Stories about fire-breathing dragons, talking animals, a powerful little girl, a scarred wizard, a genius boy, flying fairies, small bearded dwarves, other worlds behind the cupboard, a know-it-all compass, people diving into books. And I believed it all. I did with all my heart believe it to be real.

I’m turning 20 next Sunday and I’m still hoping to find a secret world around the corner. A world filled with adventure and magical beings. A world totally different from the one I live today. I live life, but if I could have my way, I would have jumped into so many different parallel realities so far. This is possible one of the reasons I chose to become a filmmaker: so that I could see this magic up close.

I am so tired of this complicated world. Tired of useless debates and nonsense arguments. I don’t pretend to think that these world don’t have problems, oh no, I’m quite sure they have. But the solutions, or at least the paths, are much more clear. Destroy evil, be brave and finish the quest.

Yeah, I could use those in real life, but since it isn’t scripted, it doesn’t happen that easily. I feel like a damsel in distress waiting to be rescued by a knight in shining armour. I need someone to hold me tight whenever I’m cold and lonely, someone to call at whatever hour, someone who’s there for me, no matter what. Again, I’m imaging life as literature… This doesn’t happen.

However, I would be glad with the metaphorical version of a knight in shining armour, which is a doable solution to most my problems. So far, I’ve found a perfect one: going to study abroad. But there are monsters in my way, which my sword has yet to defeat. G-d, give me strength and courage.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário